Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Lillies Have Bloomed!

I was so excited, my lilies that I planted this year and last year finally bloomed!  I planted some lilies last year and they never came up I assumed that they died, I should have known better!  One of the lilies is white and it is stunning!  The others that bloomed were ones I planted this spring they were my Stargazers, I love Stargazers. I will be adding more lilies every year I don't like to plant a bunch of flowers and run myself out of room and crowd the plants.



I'm just adding a little bit each year. I hope to get my backyard fenced in the next year or two.  So many things I want to get done!  It just takes time and money, two things I don't have a great deal of!  We also have to replace most of the front porch. Whoever had this house before us didn't know a whole lot about flowers and how to care for them!
But we will get things just the way we like them.  I have some cool nooks and crannies around the yard to it will be fun to fill those areas with color!  I have already fallen in love with purple/blue hydrangeas and two spots picked out for them next year.  Landscaping can get costly, but good thing I'm somewhat frugal and have some patience.  Just have to add a little at a time.  Next year we are going to put in a raised bed vegetable garden in the backyard so that should prove interesting since I've never grown vegetables before! I have done some research on them and a couple of the girls at work have them I should be good if I run into anything I don't know how to do they can guide me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...